The Game World - important!

Ok here's how it works. Because of spammers you can see one thread. We did have the board open but it got flooded with spam. So unless you ask us, or post three times, this is all you're ever going to see. It sucks, but it contains the spammers. So post something, say hello, let us know you're here and we'll bump you up to the big board. If you're not a spammer.
Daedra
Administrator
Administrator

The Game World - important!

Postby Daedra » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:06 am

tl;dr - you're in a modern American city in which the power of magic exists and creatures from other worlds can enter. The magic lets you change shape and steal life from other beings. The monsters generally try to eat you.

The city is ruled by occult factions. You can progress without them but they've got things pretty much sewn up between them - lone wolves will not find it easy in Darkness Falls. Not impossible, but not easy.

You can play in the city very happily, but most of the rewards lie beyond.

Follow the tutorial - it has cookies!
Start hunting on Moon Street. Don't be afraid to run away.
Say hello on the board. I've never seen a question asked there go unanswered.

==========================================

Darkness Falls is a modern horror rpg. The city itself is no different to any other US city in decline, the people walking its streets are no different to the people walking your city right now.

For the most part. Some are different. Some have a gift, or a curse, and the story of Darkness Falls is the story of how they come to terms with that curse, and the part they take in the battle between the worlds of life and death.
Mae
Fresh Meat
Fresh Meat

Re: The Game World - important!

Postby Mae » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:16 am

Hey, I have a quick question......

What are the limitations on your character? Like, what species can your character be? I may be overthinking this a bit, but I'm afraid to get it wrong.
I'd appreciate it, thanks.

~Maggatron~
Sheila
Administrator
Administrator

Re: The Game World - important!

Postby Sheila » Thu Jul 07, 2016 2:39 am

You character can be anything you want. You can even portray a human. (we don't have any as far as I know?). Most are vampires of one sort or other. Some drink blood, some use energy.

Whatever you chose to portray you need to fit into the city at large. For example, don't tramp down main street as purple polka dotted dragon. :lol:

Darkness Falls is a city like most cities. Think Detroit, Chicago. Large with lots of diverse areas. And if you choose to play the grid and get far enough and claim a Vortex Amulet you can write about those experiences as well. :)

Hope that helps.

Return to “Welcome”